Join our team and make a difference in our community. The Carrollton Fire Department has a professional culture and a strong, family-centered work environment.
- Free 24-hour access to department center and gym
- Advanced technology: laptops in fire apparatus, self-study computers, drones, and more
- Georgia Public Safety Training Center
- In-house Training Center with burn building and drill tower
- Food money, travel reimbursement, academy uniforms fully paid by department.
- Continuous training opportunities offered.
- Vacation (48 hours first year, 96 hours years 2-10, 120 hours after 10 years) Bank up to 48 hours annually.
- Holiday (144 hours annually)
- Sick (96 hours annually)
SUPPLIED GEAR & EQUIPMENT
- Nomex Uniforms and duty boots.
- Structural Fire fighting gear. Leather firefighting boots.
HEALTH & MEDICAL
- City-provided life, long-term disability insurance
- Below average monthly premiums (medical, dental, vision)
- Voluntary options – life, short-term disability, cancer, critical & accident
- Competitive salary
- GMA retirement pension
- Vested in 5 years
- Deferred compensation – 457(b) pre-tax plan